Safe Boats Awarded Navy Riverine Contract
Monday, July 23, 2007
Originally designed by Sweden’s FMV and produced by long time Swedish boat builder, Dockstavarvet, the vessel will now be built in the U.S. by SBI under license from FMV & Dockstavarvet. The boat will be used as a Command and Control platform for the Navy’s Riverine force. Outfitted with the latest in C4ISR equipment, the RCB will have the ability to communicate with other vessels, aircraft and land based assets. The SeaFLIR III IR system and Furuno Navigation package allows for night operations, long range tracking and integration of the navigational equipment.
The RCB weapons capability includes provisions for four individual .50 caliber mounts and a centrally located mount for a stabilized remote control weapons station (ROSAM) with a 360 degree arc of fire. The RCB also has the ability carry and deploy mines and has already been tested and certified to increase fire up to, but not limited to, Hellfire missiles and a gyro-stabilized twin-barrel 12-cm mortar. The twin Scania DI16 850 hp diesel engines coupled to Rolls Royce FF410 waterjets will allow the RCB to run in excess of 40 knots.
sexta-feira, 31 de agosto de 2007
USN Riverine Command Boat (RCB)
Postado por NOTICIASNAVAIS às 10:17
Arquivo do blog
- ► 2011 (33)
- ► 2010 (33)
- ► 2009 (79)
- ► 2008 (298)
- India to Lease Russian Nuclear Powered Submarine
- Sub "Sinks" Brit Carrier
- USN Riverine Command Boat (RCB)
- Just An Ocean Away
- DESFILE NAVAL EM HOMENAGEM AO ALTE.TAMANDARÉ
- BICENTENÁRIO DE NASCIMENTO DO ALTE. TAMANDARÉ
- Terrorisme : Quand le Suffren et la Rance font bar...
- Por que o Brasil precisa de defesa
- Marine : Lancement des études pour une FREMM antia...
- Looking For Lights In the Fog
- Second batch of German fuel cell submarines arrive...
- U.S. to Set Up African Command
- New destroyers enhance European navies
- British Submarine Command Course, more commonly kn...
- HMS Clyde Departs to the Falklands
- Diesel Electric Submarine Initiative (DESI)
- NOTA DOS CLUBES MILITARES [REMUNERAÇÃO]
- A warship that can defend the entire city of Londo...
- Senadores se solidarizam com comandante da Marinha...
- Poder naval pode desaparecer até 2025, alerta coma...
- New Destroyer boosts Royal Navy
- A gran lucha por el petróleo del Ártico
- Espanha: Dificuldades para os submarinos S-80
- A Second Look: Taiwan's Desire for AEGIS
- The Rise of a Southern Partner
- MK 48 Mod 7 CBASS Heavyweight Torpedoes Delivered ...
- FUTURE WEAPONS PROPOSALS
- August 08, 2007 ...
- Analysts: CNO choice shows priority shift By...
- Run Deep, Run Very Damn Fast Posted by Bill Swe...
- Sonar Banned in Navy Exercises
- Chavez Announces Latin American Tour to Strengthen...
- DCNS livre la moitié avant du second Scorpène mala...
- Porte-avions Charles de Gaulle : L'entrée au bassi...
- Marine : Le BPC Tonnerre admis au service actif ...
- ▼ Agosto (36)