|Israel - Littoral Combat Ships|
(Source: US Defense Security Cooperation Agency; dated July 15, web-posted July 16, 2008)
| WASHINGTON --- The Defense Security Cooperation Agency notified Congress of a possible Foreign Military Sale to Israel of Littoral Combat Ships as well as associated equipment and services.|
The total value, if all options are exercised, could be as high as $1.9 billion.
The Government of the Israel has requested a possible sale of up to 4 Littoral Combat Ships (LCS-I variant): Hull, and all mechanical and electrical functions. Each ship will be equipped with:
-- 2 MK-41 Vertical Launch Systems, 8 cells for each system;
-- 1 Close-In-Weapon System, Block 1A,
-- 1 Enhanced HARPOON Launching System with launchers;
-- 2 MK-32 Surface Vessel Torpedo Tubes;
-- Communications and Sensors;
-- Link 16;
-- COMBATSS-21 with SPY-1F(V) and MK-99 Fire Control System; or
-- Ship Self-Defense System.
Also includes design and integration services, hardware and software, spare and repair parts, test and tool sets, personnel training and equipment, publications, U.S. Government and contractor engineering and logistics personnel services, and other related elements of logistics support. The estimated cost is $1.9 billion.
Israel’s strategic position makes it vital to the United States’ interests throughout the Middle East. It is the policy of the United States to promote Middle East peace, support Israel’s commitment to peace with other regional Arab countries, enhance regional stability and promote Israeli readiness and self-sufficiency. It is vital to the U.S. national interest to assist Israel to develop and maintain a strong and ready self-defense capability. This proposed sale is consistent with those objectives.
The Israeli Navy will have no difficulty integrating the capabilities of these ships into its naval forces. The proposed sale will not affect the basic military balance in the region.
The principal contractors will be:
-- Lockheed Martin Maritime Systems and Sensors, Moorestown, NJ
-- Lockheed Martin Maritime Systems and Sensors, Eagan, MN
-- General Dynamics, Armament Systems, Burlington, VT
-- Raytheon Company, Equipment Division, Andover, MA
-- Raytheon Integrated Defense Systems, Waltham, MA
There are no known offset agreements proposed in connection with this potential sale.
Implementation of this proposed sale will not require the assignment of any U.S. Government or contractor representatives to the Israel.
There will be no adverse impact on U.S. defense readiness as a result of this proposed sale.
This notice of a potential sale is required by law; it does not mean that the sale has been concluded.
sexta-feira, 18 de julho de 2008
Israel has selected the Lockheed-designed LCS 1 Freedom
Postado por NOTICIASNAVAIS às 09:32
Arquivo do blog
- ► 2011 (33)
- ► 2010 (33)
- ► 2009 (79)
- DDG1000 LIKELY TO EXCEED BUDGET
- DDG1000 THE CHALENGES FACING NAVY SHIPBUILDING
- Oto Melara the exclusive supplier of naval gun mo...
- Marinha realiza Operação ADEREX-I/08
- CONHEÇA UM POUCO MAIS DO LCS USS FREEDOM
- CONHEÇA UM POUCO MAIS DO LCS USS FREEDOM
- Bulgaria Orders Gowind-200 Frigates
- F GREENHALGH OPERANDO COM A MARINHA AMERICANA
- The Brazilian Navy Ship BNS Greenhalgh (F 46), the...
- GE to Power Royal Australian Navy’s LHD Ships
- Torpedo da Australia afunda navio americano
- Almirante Moura Neto :"Não estamos sucateados,mas ...
- Joint Task Force Exercise Off US Coast At A Time I...
- Stratfor's análise China and Russia’s Geographic ...
- BNS Greenhalgh is the first Brazilian Navy ship to...
- Brazilian Navy dock at the Wharf
- Another Reason For the U.S. Navy to Build Corvette...
- Missile Away,Raytheon Evolved SeaSparrow Missile (...
- Israel has selected the Lockheed-designed LCS 1 Fr...
- THE U209PN=U214 PORTUGUESE LAUNCHED
- Velas Sudamerica 2010
- The World’s First Attack Sub
- MB Força não pode estar presente onde precisa!
- ROYALTIES MARINHA QUER USAR SEUS ROYALTIES
- "Cisne Branco" participa de Parada Internacional d...
- LCS- So why doesn’t USA clone Absalon?
- [ BREST 2008] 2000 voiliers traditionnels attendu...
- The Future of American Power
- SNA AMETHYSTE operando com USS Roosevelt Battle ...
- Think Small: Adding small combatant ships would be...
- INDIA ADQUIRE AVIÕES AEW DA EMBRAER
- Picking Out Periscopes
- ▼ Julho (32)